Friday, November 12, 2010

One sweet chocolatey day

Que Pasa Readers,

A favorite food and pasalubong for Pinoys is chocolate.  Chocolate rice ( champorado ) is eaten for breakfast.  Chocolate blood ( dinuguan ) can be served for lunch or dinner.  Chocolate cupcakes, cakes, and ice cream are popular merienda and desserts.  So when I saw a promotion using chocolate in the spa, I was intrigued; I had to try "Chocomania".

I was greeted by my masseuse, and -- I'm not kidding either -- her name happened to be Candy.  Low lights, piano music, and decor with earthy textures ( pebbles, tiles, banana leaf, bamboo, and others ) made the environment serene.

The session started with a body scrub.  After it dried on my skin, it smelled like hot chocolate powder.  Then I rinsed, and the chocolate wrap was applied.  I always had this image that the wrap, which the spas used, was banana leaf.  However, this spa just used a sort of plastic and this thermal blanket, as heavy as those X-ray blankets used in a dentist's clinic.  The wrap supposedly helped the skin to absorb all the antioxidants from the chocolate.

The pampering ended with a massage and tea ( flavored lightly with chocolate ).  "Chocomania" was a good way to unwind from all the eating and adventuring ( who knew that such activities can be tiring ;).  My cousin was right: "Good chocolates only come by once in a while [so] enjoy them!"

Relax...

No comments:

Post a Comment