Tuesday, November 2, 2010

We are what we ate ( and cooked )

Que Pasa Readers!

My family reminisced about dead family members and friends.  My aunt remembered the morning she heard the news of my uncle's death.  After breakfast she and her sister were brought to the morgue to identify him.  At 23, my uncle was supposed to leave for work abroad; on the eve of his departure, he got into an accident ( taking a totally different trip as planned ).

My younger cousins asked about the other relatives and friends.  They were having difficulty picturing the faces with the names on the gravestones.

"Remember, she's the one who made fried chicken?"

"Oh yeah!" my cousin replied.  Pointing to another gravestone she added: "This one made great macaroni salad."


Remembering...


No comments:

Post a Comment