Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The night before departure

Hi Readers,

I'm so excited for this trip that I haven't packed yet.  Well maybe I haven't packed yet physically, but I've packed my heart and mind once I made the decision to go a week[s] ago.  My Korean Air itinerary shows that it'll be a weird traveling-to-the-future type ( not that I've traveled to the future before ). 

It's surreal in a way:
I'll leave Philadelphia on Wednesday morning
I'll arrive in the Philippines on Thursday evening at 11 pm
When I wake up in my Aunt's house, it'll be Friday morning ( definitely can't wait to have Taho [sweet silk tofu breakfast side] )

The flight over will be spent reading, writing, and making lists.  My first assignment is finalizing my registration to participate in 10.10.10 Run for Pasig River.  I didn't plan to participate in this fundraising race; everything was just serendipitous.  After my part time assignment ended, I started going to the gym more to keep myself busy.  Then I heard an advertisement for this event.  It's a great cause overall ( to raise $ for the river cleaning/research and also to participate in breaking a Guinness Book of World Records ). 

I did cross-country running a million years ago, and it'll be fun; I already found a gym near my Aunt's house to continue my training.  I'm dedicating my run to my godchild because that day he'll be celebrating his birthday.  It'll be a celebration of life in general!

  

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the run! Please tell us: how do you make Taho?

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie- Today, I went to one of the sponsors to finalize my race registration but there was some problems; I still hope I can do the run, but if not, there's a back up plan. I'll do some research on taho-making!!! Stay tune!

    ReplyDelete