Sunday, October 3, 2010

Midnight Snack ( Part 1 )

Hey Readers,

Off the airplane. At first breezy cool from post rain. Waiting for a ride, smoke rising from cigarettes, humidity rising. People texting and hollering, name cards in the air. Sticky shirt. I arrived in my aunt’s house past 12 am. Food on the table, TV on: fried eggroll ( lumpia shanghai ), rice, fresh eggroll stuffing ( shanghai sariwa ), and ube bean cake. My first thought “carbs after midnight – omg”. However weariness settled, sustenance needed especially after more than 12 hours of trip time. Compromise found – it was decided that today was going to be “cheat day”.

Good thing there’s 24 hours in a day. Before taking a 3 hour nap, I ate an apple. I woke up surprisingly early at 5:30 am. I ate 3 cups of taho ( sweet silk soy [pre-tofu] ), 3-in-1 instant coffee, and pandisal ( bread with butter or peanut butter spread ).

For lunch I had a repeat of the midnight breakfast plus baby bananas ( aka senioritas, which are always in season rain or shine ), another apple, and vitamins. Then off to SM Southmall with my cousin to inquire about the gym, to exchange money, and to go window shopping ( omg, there’s so much shopping to do: oh budget ).

Dinner was in Jollibee ( like McDonalds ). I ordered a jolly spaghetti with yum ( a burger with mixed ketchup and mayonnaise dressing ); my cousin got a jolly spaghetti with fried chicken. For drinks, we had RC-Cola. We chit chatted about the evils of starch, processed food ( irony? ), and street food, such as balot ( 15 days old unhatched duckling ), addidas ( chicken feet fraught with muscle, fat, and tendons ), and bituka ng manok ( chicken guts ). Yummy?!

No comments:

Post a Comment