Friday, October 22, 2010

Sweets and the Tooth Fairy

Hi Readers,

On our last night in Dipolog City, we dined out at Chicken Ati-Atihan, which served unlimited rice.  I ordered Ati pecho ( tender chicken breast ) and Pandan Shake.  Conversations started with talk of a new house, family eating together, and finally the tooth fairy.

When my cousin was younger her mother told her that if a tooth from her upper teeth were to fall, she'd have to throw the tooth up to the roof; and if it were to fall from the bottom row, then she'd have to put her tooth under her pillow in order for the tooth fairy to reward her.  She became a believer after finding money the next day on her way to school.

Then we started talking about a home method of removing loose baby tooth by tying a string around it and pulling it ( using a strong force such as slamming a door, ouch? ).  My cousin's 6 months old baby doesn't have any teeth yet.  His diet consists of milk and flavored mush.  He automatically opens his mouth when food comes his way, and once in a while he'll dabble in apple cranberry juice ( pucker face ), squid broth, lugaw, jelly, and others.  He's such a fierce eater already!

I'm reminded of all the sweets I've had since arriving in Dipolog City: ube shake, queso ice cream, melon ice cream with fudge sauce, vanilla ice cream with pinipig nuts, chocolate cake, marshmallows, Durian candy, jelly candy, cup cakes, halo-halo, merengue, Milkyway, banana-Q, and soda.  I remember all the cavities I had when I was younger; I dreaded going to the dentist.  That night I brushed my teeth twice and flossed in between.

Left: Black Forest, Caramel Mocha Crunch, Ube Cake, and Mango Crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment