Friday, October 15, 2010

Mindanao: Divine Dakak ( part 2 )

Hello Readers!

Have you ever wonder, what it's like to have your own island ( with all the amenities and luxury of civilization )? For half a day, I had my own island ( not only in the metaphorical sense, but an actual physical island )!

We arrived in Dakak Beach Resort ( 1 hour away from Dipolog City, Mindanao ) around 11 am.  I saw the green-blue waters, and I just wanted to jump in despite of the stark sun reaching its apex.  After checking in our room, we ate picnic food for lunch ( Baon aka BYOF [bring your own food]: cornbeef, hot dogs, rice, dried Guyabano fruit [Sour Sop in English], and potato chips ).  Then I applied sunblock.

I sauntered along the shore with my cousin and collected sea shells.  Later I walked the foot trail ( easier than the Majayjay River Trek ), where I encountered bugs, tree lizards, butterflies, and native birds.  In the end, I found a stone chapel. 

Running along the coast, I felt the warmth of the sun ( not in a burning way ), and the rolling waves would try to trip me.  It felt good running, cartwheeling, and leaping over lapping waves.  Dancing in the sun; dancing because no one is watching ( at least no visible audience anyway ).

I rested on a yellow-netted hammock,  one or two ants would tickle my skin; I looked at the horizon, wondering how people, like Magellan and Christopher Columbus would ever think the earth's flat, how the sea will fall off the earth's edge.  If it weren't for the next island, the illusion would be complete.  Off season traveling rocks!


No comments:

Post a Comment